* Hard swinging outfit -with us in Mar‘14-peddling lively repertoire
of mainly 40s/50s ‘tuneful’ bop & blues.
* PAUL PALMER (sax),GEOFF BARTHOLOMEW (trumpet)
JON MOORE (guitar),STEVE SIMPSON (bass),JACK DAVIES (drums).
* KJC debut for local outfit based at Ulverston’s ‘Hope & Anchor’ pub.
* Dixie-to-mainstream with vocals à la Billie Holiday
by JOANNE CLAYTON-BROWN.
* ALAN BEECHAM (trumpet & mellophonium),
BRUCE CARNAFFIN (clarinet & bass clarinet),MO WHITHAM (guitar),
ROGER MIDDLETON-ex Les Bull Band- (rhythm guitar),DAVE HILLMAN (double bass).
* One of the area’s premier song stylists returns after too long an absence.
* Acclaimed for her technical mastery and sophisticated readings
of a wide-ranging repertoire…enjoy!
* TONY ORMESHER (guitar), FRANK GRIME (bass),
* North East based quartet- reinvigorating the Hot Club genre-
who wowed us in December,2014.
* Gypsy Jazz classics and a few originals played with virtuoso brio
by four of the finest exponents of the style.
* MICK SHOULDER (bass),EMMA FISK (violin ), JAMES BIRKETT,GILES STRONG (guitars).
* ‘Probably our greatest night ever’: Ashington Jazz Club.
* Trumpeting in excelsis from one of KJC’s most popular recent attractions
in the classic tradition of Louis Armstrong.
* ‘It is a mark of true distinction when a jazz trumpeter plays with such fluency and apparent ease that you listen to the music and not to the technique.’
* Plus in support, long time Jazz Club friends:
STEVE ANDREWS(reeds), ROLY VEITCH(guitar), Bassist-to be arranged.
*KJC sees double this month.
* SET 1. MUSKRAT RAMBLE: a talented quintet of local youngsters
with their take on jazz classics (Louis, Duke, Count, Miles et al.).
*TOM BURROWS (trumpet),SAM NICHOLLS( drums),CHARLOTTE BURROWS (trombone),
EDWARD HODGSON (bass trombone), ALASDAIR BURROWS (piano).
* SET 2. SUN STREET STOMPERS: the well-beloved Robert Gillow house band from Lancaster
who surely put the ‘Trad’ into ‘Traditional’.
*BARRIE MARSHALL (clarinet),ALAN DUCKLES (cornet),GERRY DUCKLES (banjo),
STEVE LISTER (guitar), ADRIAN MORRIS (bass).
* ‘Australia’s First Lady of Jazz Singing’ is back
as part of her latest UK tour.
* Keeper of the Flame for the Great ‘Standards’ Songbook.
* 18 cds and and legions of fans worldwide can’t be wrong!
*JANET(piano/vocals),CHUCK MORGAN (guitar/ukulele),
DAVID SEIDEL (bass)
*MIKE DALY (trumpet) of Dixieland Rhythm Kings & Nova Scotia Jazz Band fame
‘is one of the most underrated musicians around’;
JOHN, among the country’s best reeds man and always a welcome KJC visitor:
*Perfect summer fare-whatever the British weather!
*MO WITHAM (guitar),JACK DAVIES (drums), STEVE SIMPSON (bass).
*Felicitous pairing of mega jazz talents comes to KJC.
* JEFF plus SPATS ‘equals a whole repertory company: a swing /
stride / blues/ ragtime pianist; a wonderful rhythm guitarist
who also solos in his own way; an imitable banjo wizard; two
singers who can emulate Fats Waller or Al Bowlly, croon or
harmonize or scat;two comedians,two clowns.’
* ANNE BARNHART (flute).
* TIM is a jack of all violin trades and master of them all and last year’s KJC recital
- supported by NIGEL CLARKE (guitar) and ROY PERCY (bass)-
met with thesaurus-bursting praise.
* Join us for what promises to be another memorable evening-and bring Roget with you!
*An invitation from ‘BOOGIE BILL’ ROBERTS-piano- and his
Billionaire (figuratively speaking!) Pals to sample a seasonal musical aperitif.
*Swing era to good time R & B and beyond.
* EMMA WILLIAMS- lead vocals, PAUL FROGGATT - tenor saxophone,
CIARÀN DISTON - trumpet, flugelhorn, ANDY SMITH- drums, RICK MIDDLETON- double bass.
PRESS/CLICK THESE ARROW BUTTONS TO ACCESS OTHER MONTHS’ EVENTS.